Thursday, March 25, 2010

Naive?

In my lifetime, I've been in maybe...3 situations where an illegal drug was being used and/or offered to me. I've never tried them and I absolutely don't regret this fact of my life. So I was thinking about it, and if I really, really, wanted to try them, I would have zero idea where to start. Perhaps I am being naive about it, but I don't think any of my friends use drugs. I'll even go as far to say, I think I would be surprised if they did. (If you do, for the record, don't tell me - ignorance is bliss.) So I was just thinking about where someone like me, who has no knowledge of drugs, how much they cost or where to obtain them, would even start looking for drugs. Do people still deal on street corners? Can one find them on Craigslist?

Mind you, I'm not looking for suggestions but it just occurred to me that if I ever wanted to become a junkie, I wouldn't have the foggiest notion where to start.

4 comments:

addy said...

I'm with you on this one, and I don't think it's necessarily being naive, I think it's choosing a lifestyle. Though, if I were hard pressed to find something, I have a feeling I'd know where to start.

kristen said...

CK, a quick google search would tell you exactly what code words* to look for on craigslist and you'd be high in no time flat.

*for example, i recently learned that '50 roses' is NOT drug code rather a fee for a hooker.
now you'd know how to (not that you'd want to - given the whole married thing plus - ICK to CL hookers!) find those too.

Jenny said...

I think I would go to a sketchy part of town and then start asking around.

Diane said...

I've totally had that same thought before! No clue where to begin looking for drugs, not that I'd want to. Also, no idea how to locate a hit man or someone for dirty deeds done dirt cheap.