Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Cracked / The Bloop

One of my favorite websites I've gotten back into is Cracked. I don't really know what the entire website offers but I mostly read the articles with titles like '7 People Who Cheated Death - Then Kicked It in the Balls.'

I think my favorite article is '6 Insane Discoveries That Science Can't Explain' and especially the #1 item in that article - the bloop. The bloop was this underwater sound they detected in 1997 and it was heard simultaneously from 5,000 km away. Pretty much nothing on Earth is capable of making a sound that would be heard simultaneously from such a distance and they also think it could have been made by a living creature. Holyyyyyyy crap. Get on that, science!

Anyway, the articles are a great time waster so check it out. Here are some of my faves:

- 6 Insane Coincidences You Won't Believe Actually Happened
- The 5 Creepiest Unsolved Crimes Nobody Can Explain
- The 6 Creepiest Places on Earth
- 7 People Who Cheated Death (Then Kicked It In The Balls)

Enjoy!

No comments: