Thursday, April 1, 2010

Ji Yeon

I don't think I've ever really blogged about LOST on this thing but this crazy theory occurred to me last night, and I have nowhere else to share it. So, last night's episode was titled The Package. Since the episode focused on Jin and Sun, I was almost certain that "the package" was referring to their daughter, Ji Yeon.

She was the first child conceived on the island, so I was thinking that could have some sort of power against The Man in Black. This would have neatly brought Jin and Sun back together on the island, with their daughter. It also would have been possible since they are still trying to figure out who the "Kwon" on the list is. I was even thinking that perhaps it could be Jin and Sun that end up as the skeletons. I was really excited I whipped up this theory in my head in about 20 seconds, and then they showed the package was in fact -SPOILER ALERT!- Desmond.

I still think it's possible that Ji Yeon has a purpose on the show, but I could be wrong. With as much as they talked about fertility issues, and the fact that she was the first person conceived on the island, it's possible. I was also thinking if, in fact, the "Kwon" on the list of candidates, then that would be mean that Jacob has some sort of God-like "I knew you before you were born" powers, since he touched Sun and Jin way back at their wedding.

Anyway.

Apologies if you don't watch LOST as this post probably makes zero f'ing sense.

2 comments:

Tyler said...

It makes sense, especially since there's something about children and the island.

I always thought Walt was going to come back and have a major impact, but with six episodes left, I doubt that's going happen. If it does, I'm going to be pissed because that will be the biggest deus ex machina ending ever.

Have they really answered any questions this season? I personally don't think they have. I really hope they at the very least pull it together for the last episode and explain some stuff.

Tyler said...

You should check out this project some guy did; LOST, the animated series: http://www.behance.net/Gallery/LOST-The-Animated-Series/448458