Thursday, July 31, 2008

Best SNL Opening Ever

It's no secret that I'm a Steve Martin fan, but this has to be one of the best openings to SNL ever. I know SNL goes through cycles of being good and bad, blah blah blah, but this opening has stayed in my memory for well over 10 years.

Classic SNL lineup with Phil Hartman, Mike Myers, Dana Carvey, Chris Farley, Kevin Nealon, Victoria Jackson, Tim Meadows, Julia Sweeney, etc. Adam Sandler and Chris Rock are also in this clip, though just kind of part of the ensemble. Steve Martin is a genius. I was glad to find this clip on MySpace this week:

Saturday Night Live - Not Gonna Phone it in Tonight

1 comment:

Ken Napzok said...

Ditto with a capital "Not going to drink 'till update is through."*

* And I didn't even have to watch the clip to remember that!