Friday, July 11, 2008

Favorite Comic Friday - Brian Regan

Welcome to a new feature, cleverly titled Favorite Comic Friday. I'll spotlight one of my favorite comedians once a week, or at least keep it to Fridays. I have a list on the sidebar, but I'm picking someone else for the first edition - Brian Regan. I'm late getting on the Regan bandwagon, but I heard his name mentioned quite a bit. I believe he's a favorite of some of my comedian friends, so I bumped his DVD, Standing Up, up to the top of my Netflix queue, which we watched last night.

The first time I watch a stand-up DVD, I'm usually too critical and jealous to really enjoy it. Not so with this one. At quite a few points, both my girl and I were clutching our stomachs from laughing so hard. He's a clean observational comic and his material is clever. I don't recall hearing a single curse word on the entire DVD, which I really respect. According to his article on Wikipedia, he is incredibly friendly to his fans. This was obvious on the DVD when he comes back onstage for an encore and the fans are yelling out requests for jokes, like songs at a rock concert. Awesome.

Do yourself a favor and check out his DVD or some clips on YouTube. In the meantime, enjoy this hysterical clip I selected about UPS:

1 comment:

Tyler said...

Regan is good. An old boss of mine turned me on to him. I have his first CD, it's great.