Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Locked Cars

Part of a Catholic church ceremony is the receiving of Communion. During this part, people leave their seat, wait in line and receive a Communion wafer (unleavened bread), which symbolizes the body of Jesus Christ. It baffles me because most women take their purses with them when they go up to receive it. Hello - you're in church! The 7th Commandments says "Thou shalt not steal." It's even on the wall in some churches. I'm certain your purses are safe, ladies. And if there is a purse snatcher in attendance, I'm pretty sure they're going directly to Hell, do not pass go, do not collect $200, for such a stunt. Stealing in church? Come on.

By the same token - do I really need to lock my car in the church parking lot? I don't know...but I do it anyway.

3 comments:

PunkRoqPrncess said...

technically the parking lot is not part of the church, or blessed... so i dont think car thieves would feel as guilty (if at all) for stealing from your car as stealing inside the church. i dunno.

addy said...

This is another one of those that I never thought of until you mentioned it - but yeah. It's church. You can leave your purse on the pew! LOL

Carrie said...

I would never leave my purse in the pew. Not only could someone steal it, but also they could knock it do the ground when they're walking buy, or switch it with one that has a bomb in it, or spit out their uneaten body of Christ in it...you just never know if you don't have it.