Thursday, August 14, 2008

Olympics

There's a little more than a week left of Olympic action, so I better get these two thoughts out.

1. Beach volleyball is sooooooooooooo frickin' boring. Why is it on during prime time?

I think this second thought was actually my friend Rick's idea, but I fully support it.

2. They should have average people compete in every event for comparison's sake. When you have several people finishing within hundredths of seconds of one another, I think it loses a little something. Let's see how fast Joe Blow from Chatsworth can run the 400m hurdles. Then it'd be even more impressive.

2 comments:

Tyler said...

Team volleyball is even worse. I started reading while it was on. Terrible.

I like the average people competing idea. It would give viewers a point of reference and it would show all of the douche bags who say "I could do that" that they're wrong. I'm thinking swimming and track & field would be awesome to watch if there was a lane with some average joe in it getting lapped.

Carrie said...

I agree with both comments. I also don't like how they only show sports that American's are in. What about some of the bizarre ones that we COULD be in as future olympians?