Monday, August 25, 2008

Zuma Nesta Rock

Which of the following statements is the most ridiculous?

A) That MSN consulted "baby naming experts" to comment on Gavin Rossdale and Gwen Stefani's new son, Zuma Nesta Rock?

or B) That people are out there actually proclaiming themselves to be baby-name experts?

I'm definitely going with B on this one. I feel dumber for having read that article, and MSN should feel dumb for putting that as one of their top Entertainment headlines last week.

Only kind of ridiculous is that MSN fails to get two out of three domain names correct in the article, listing them them as ThePerfectBabyName.c om, BabyNamingCentral.co m. Whoever wrote that article got a little bit too happy with the sp a ce bar.

4 comments:

PunkRoqPrncess said...

yeah that is wh a ck!

i dont know how i feel about this name. i read something about how they named him zuma cause gavin had a moment of inspiration at one point in his life at zuma beach. Good thing it didnt happen at El Matador State Beach =\

addy said...

Yeah. I read this, I also felt a little less smart afterwards. Stupid celebrities. Who the fuck cares if you had a moment at Zuma beach? It's still a STUPID name for a kid! My friend named their dog Zuma, and he still gets embarassed when people call him. (I can tell, I'm a dog whisperer.)

Tyler said...

Kevin & Bean were wondering this morning why they didn't just buy a place at Zuma if they want to be reminded of that instead of scarring a kid for the rest of their life.

You should totally go back to school and get a degree in Child Naming. Or at least get into a night program and earn a certificate. I'm just going to list it on my resume under "addition skills".

Carrie said...

I like the name Zuma. If my name started with a Z or an X I would be in heaven. I used to use this one pen name that had both an X and a Z.